Fermented food like idli, dosa, curds, and pickles form an important part of Indian diets, and we have all grown up knowing the health benefits of fermented food.
How about a fermented drink with health benefits, that is delicious too! Umami brew in Pune makes artisanal Kombucha – a fermented drink with multiple benefits. Cyriac Thomas, founder of Umami brew will talk us through the benefits of Kombucha, the lifecycle of making it at home, and a tasting session of his Kombucha.
- What is fermentation? Why is it important?
- History of fermentation to the current updates (touch upon similar fermented drinks like Kvass, etc)
- What is Kombucha? About the history and uses of Kombucha.
- Different elements and tools that go in the making of Kombucha.
- Demonstration and details of the lifecycle of making Kombucha.
- Tasting and Q&A
About Cyriac Thomas
Founder of “Umami Brew”
Cyriac is an avid traveller and a firm believer in fermentation and good health. Inspired by Chef Rene Redzepi, he started making Kombucha at home and continues to experiment with different flavours.