There’s nothing quite as satisfying as sharing generous slices of home-made cake with family and friends over a hot cuppa – But how do we indulge that sweet tooth without worrying about all that processed sugar?!
Join us for a workshop on guilt-free baking with natural sugars with Anjali from ‘Feast with Jo’ at Aragma Food Studio. She promises to introduce us to the fascinating world of natural substitutes in the form of fruits and dry fruits, as well as locally sourced and indigenous honey and kakvi/ jaggery in this bake along; leaving you with healthy treats to take home for your evening chai with family!
Date & Time
Friday, 30th August, 2019, from 11 AM to 4 PM
INR 3,500/- per head (Includes tea/coffee, lunch, and all material
Introduction to using Natural Sugars in Baking
- Different kinds of natural sugars – fruits/ dry fruits/ vegetable/ jaggery or molasses/ honey/ coconut sugars / chocolate (either by themselves or in combination)
- Availability and expense
Choosing your sugar
- Flavour profiles
- Kind of cake
- Permutations and Combinations
Bake Along Recipes
- Carrot Cake (using Dates)
- Lemon Cake (using Honey)
- Banana and nuts – Gluten free (using Jaggery)
- Dark Chocolate (using Jaggery)
All cakes will be made using whole wheat flour and can be eggless.